Saturday, November 26, 2011

Baby Jensen: June 2012


So, we're having a baby!!!  We found out around the end of October, and we're so happy it's finally happened. I wanted to put the story of how we found out and how I told Paxton on the blog so that our family and friends could know the fun story.

Around the end of October, I had called my doctor's office to make an appointment (because I had the universal sign of pregnancy of being late but did not want to get my hopes up because of other tests that had failed in the 9 months previous) so I just called to get set up with another shot and more medication. I had to leave a message as always. :) The doctor called me back not 20 minutes later and said "Kara! It's Dr. Meek! When can you get in here today?!" Needles to say I went in immediately after I was done with work. He did a pregnancy test, and after about 5 minutes of waiting (longest EVER) he came back in with a little card-type looking thing in his hand. "I want you to look at that" he says, "that is a positive pregnancy test."  I felt so bad for him because I immediately started sobbing and couldn't talk to him for a whole 2 minutes. Poor guy, I'm sure he gets that a lot in his profession.

After the appointment, I had a photoshoot I had to go to in Ogden. I couldn't tell anyone because I of course wanted to make sure Pac knew before anyone else.  I had to wait a whole 4 1/2 hours before my photoshoot was over, and he had gotten home from work.  I stopped by Kid-to-Kid on my way home and bought a little onsie that says Mommy and Daddy Love Me. I put it in a bag with the pregnancy test from the doctor.  When I got home, I went upstairs to set some things down, and came downstairs with this bag.  I told Pac "Someone left this on the doorstep for you this afternoon, and said I can't know what's inside until you open it." He was supposed to look at the onsie first, but found the test first. He looked at it for 10 seconds in silence, and after figuring it out, he looked at me and said "Are you pregnant?!" And I said "Yup!"

He later told me he was afraid the bag had something in it that may have been inappropriate from one of his friends, so he was slightly worried as he opened it.

It's been so much fun, and we're excited to see what the next 9 months and so forth have in store for us. This picture is when I was 7 weeks and 1 day, and they baby is about the size of a blueberry. Today, however, I am 9 weeks and 2 days. Baby is growing! We'll keep posting as things happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment