Saturday, October 29, 2011

Smurfs, Pirates, and Awesomeness...


It's time to carve pumpkins! I can't believe it's Halloween already, and I've just finished my first term of teaching. Craziness! This has to be one of my favorite activities around the holidays.  However, Pac and I both aren't exactly fans concerning the gut of the inside of a pumpkin. Yuck.



Pac carved a pirate pumpkin. This is him just getting started on it.


Boomer just did not know what to think of our carving pumpkins.  Of course, Boomer thinks everything is food, so he was acting like we were holding out on him.


"Whatchya got there Mom? It's shiny, and I think I'd like to play with it!" (the camera)


We had a few more pumpkins to carve because this year, we actually have our own porch to PUT them on! It's so much fun! Here is Pac's pirate, and a smaller pumpkin I just carved a cute Spooky into.


I've never carved a white pumpkin, but when I found a pattern for Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas, I just had to. It looks so awesome! Side note, I don't know what kind of "pumpkin" white ones are, but it definitely smells more like squash.


Is that a Vampire SMURF?!?! YUPS! And I love him.  I have the Smurf Villiage App on my Ipad and play it from time to time.  When I saw the smurf pattern, I was in love. Usually when I use patterns,  it almost never turns out, so I guess this year I got lucky.


Pac's Pirate! Gotta love it. I think we should find a Pac-Man stencil for him to make too.  We still have one more pumpkin to carve... ;o)



We used the portraiture setting on the point-and-shoot camera, and I think what it did to the photo is awesome.  Kind of like our pumpkins are ghosts. The two on the end aren't real pumpkins, they are faux pumpkins I made out of old glass.  They are awesome cause they don't rot, and are cute! 
Happy Halloween to family and friends! Be safe!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are some awesome pumpkin skills! What a cute couple of pumpkin carvers you are!

    ReplyDelete